The Yuba-Sutter United Way is committed to creating long-lasting changes with measurable improvements for people in need within our three-county area (Yuba, Sutter and Colusa) by focusing our efforts on building blocks for a better life.
As part of that commitment, Yuba-Sutter United Way invests in high-performing non-profit organizations that provide programs and services that align with our strategic priorities/impact areas in three ways:
• Allocations: Funds are allocated annually to Yuba-Sutter United Way Partner Agencies through the Citizen’s Review and Allocations Process.
• Direct Targeted Investments: These investments are funds designated by donors to specific 501(c)3 non-profit organizations located anywhere.
• Community Impact Grants: These grants are directed toward high quality local programs that benefit the citizens of Yuba, Sutter and Colusa Counties. Funding is granted to any non-profit 501 (c) organization through a competitive application process each year. The current round of funding is directed to programs serving youth ages pre-natal through 17.
We will help others to create long-lasting changes in our community by adhering to the following strategic priorities:
• Enhancing Educational Opportunities
• Enhancing Income
• Improving the Health of Our Residents
To achieve our strategic priorities, through our Community Impact Grants and other efforts, we will focus our efforts on:
• Healthier Opportunities for Children (our focus for 2015)
• Community Homelessness
• Our Aging Population
Give. Advocate. Volunteer.